Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Trying to experiment on PLANNING!

Hello my RAW, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN Family!!I have had a lot going on in the past few weeks which I am going to spend some time tonight (later) to catch you up to speed (hyper speed) LOL!! So, I am having this discussion with the AH (awesome hubby) and we are talking about setting up a budget for myself specifically for my lifestyle. I totally agree with this mind you. I am all for budgeting but what I was doing was as I felt the move of the wind, I would just get up and go shopping and getting whatever I saw in my path. I would get home and then I would try to figure out what I had bought and what I was going to use it for. I would wait until the last minute and see a recipe that I wanted to try, go and get the ingredients for it and would come out spending more than what I told my AH what it would be. I basically didn't have a plan.

Well, here is my experiment (of sorts). I spent some time today comprising a menu for myself of what I would eat for the week. I then created a list of ingredients for those dishes that I would need to get. Keep in mind that there are things that I already have at home so the list would be what I would need to pick up. I will document exactly the cost associated with what I have to get as well as how the week went planning this way. This might be a great way to get myself in order (let's see). So here is what my menu looks like this week:


Menu for the week:

Breakfast:

Smoothies (everyday)Snacks:Cauliflower & Carrot Chips (from RawDog Rory) http://rawdawgrory.com

Creamy Taco Sauce http://rawdawgrory.com/

Seeds/Nuts (various)

Home made Tahini

Food:

Creamy marinated Kale Salad (from Latrice at http://www.lifeitdetox.com

JalapeƱo burger & Avocado fries (from Carmella) at http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com

Kelp Noodles (my own creations)

Mock Tuna Salad (from Rawvolution by Matt Amsden)

Plenty of leafy green Salads

Desserts:

Raw black and blueberry pie (Ani’s Raw)

Raw chocolate Ice Cream (from Sheri at http://greenandcrunchy.blogspot.com )

Chocolate Pudding (back up) (from Raw Food Real World by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis)

Here is my grocery list:

Grocery List

1 Cauliflower
2 Bags of Carrots
Hemp oil/Olive oil
Chili Powder
Nutritional yeast
3 bags of spinach
3 bunches of kale
2 packages of mixed organic greens (salad)
Tomatoes (various types)
about 20-15 lemons (maybe more)
2 bags of raw sunflower seeds
1 bag of Raw Pecans
1 bag of Raw Walnuts
1 bag of Raw Cashews
1 bag of hemp seeds
2 bags of Dates (1 medjool and 1 honey)
1 bag of sun dried tomatoes
10 reg avocados and 2 California avocados (the big ones)
10 pounds of banana’s
2 onions (yellow)
1 bag of green onions
1 pound of ground flax seeds
Garlic (2 heads)
Chipotle powder
Agave
2 stalks of celery
10 coconuts
4-6 red and yellow peppers
Mushrooms
Dulse flakes
Dried dill
2 pints of strawberries
2 pints of blueberries
2 pints of blackberries
2 pineapples
10 pounds of apples

Let's see how I do! Let's get this experiment party started! Dont forget I will be back tonight with how things have been going for me!!

Love ya;-)
TwinkieR*

2 comments:

  1. Your menu is making me DROOL! I want to come eat at your house...what beautiful food you plan to feed your body this week!

    I have RAWvolution here and am thinking about making mock tuna salad, thanks to you :)

    Great menu, good idea to menu plan, I think it helps the grocery budget to plan ahead. I should do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a great idea Sheri! It would truly be a way to keep each other motivated. I will say that the black blueberry pie...Is incredible!

    ReplyDelete